1913, October 18
The St. Andrew's Medical Mission was founded by Dr. Charlotte E. Ferguson-Davie. By the words, "To the glory of God and for the relief of suffering, I declare this dispensary open", the Medical Mission's first dispensary at Bencoolen Street was officially launched by Lady Evelyn Young, wife of the Governor of the Straits Settlements on 1913, October 18.
1914, February 1
A second dispensary of the St. Andrew's Medical Mission was opened in Upper Cross Street.
An 8-bed inpatient facility was added to the Upper Cross Street dispensary. A third dispensary was opened in Pasir Panjang.
St. Andrew's Medical Mission was the first to start training nurses of different nationalities in general nursing and midwifery. Blind handicapped orphans were housed in the Upper Cross Street dispensary. The dispensaries had 8,000 attendances annually.
The Upper Cross Street dispensary was moved to North Bridge Road. Inpatients and handicapped orphans were relocated to a new dispensary at River Valley Road.
1922, August 14
The foundation stone of the St. Andrew's Mission Hospital was laid by Madam Tan Teck Neo, founder of the Chinese Women's Association.
1923, May 22
St. Andrew's Mission Hospital for Women and Children at Erskine Road was opened by Lady Guillemard, wife of the Governor of the Straits Settlements. The hospital had 60 inpatient beds and an outpatient clinic. St. Andrew's Mission Hospital was the first to offer 3-year general nursing and midwifery courses for locals.
St. Andrew's Mission Hospital set up three more clinics: the Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinic, the Eye Clinic, and the Antenatal Clinic.
St. Andrew's Mission Hospital was established as a corporation under Ordinance 42 by an Act of Parliament.
1939, February 28
St. Andrew's Orthopaedic Hospital in Siglap was officially opened. It was the first hospital of its kind to treat children with tuberculosis of the bones and joints. It had 2 wards with 30 beds each.
The road outside the hospital was named Elliot Road after Dr. Patricia Elliot, the Medical Officer-in-charge of St. Andrew's Mission Hospital and St. Andrew's Orthopaedic Hospital.
1941, December 17
St. Andrew's Mission Hospital and St. Andrew's Orthopaedic Hospital were closed during the Bombing of Singapore.
During the Japanese Occupation, St. Andrew's Mission Hospital was reopened to provide outpatient services, and St. Andrew's Orthopaedic Hospital was used as a radar station.
Work began to resume full clinical services at St. Andrew's Mission Hospital and St. Andrew's Orthopaedic Hospital after the end of World War II.
St. Hilda's School set up a school within St. Andrew's Orthopaedic Hospital for long-staying paediatric patients.
St. Andrew's Mission Hospital for Children at Tanjong Pagar Road began outpatient services. The clinic had 13,999 consultations in 1949.
1949, January 22
St. Andrew's Mission Hospital for Children at Tanjong Pagar commenced inpatient services with a 30-bed ward. The Hospital was dedicated by Bishop J.L. Wilson on 25 January 1949.
St. Andrew's Mission Hospital opened two community outpatient clinics: Our Saviour's Mission at Havelock Road, and Church of the True Light Clinic at Perak Road.
St. Andrew's Mission Hospital appointed its Ms. Janet Lim as the hospital's matron, thus making her first Asian matron to be appointed in Singapore.
A Mothercraft Clinic was opened to extend health services to the community.
Generous donations by the Lee Foundation and the Rotary Club of Singapore enabled the addition of new wards, bringing the total bed capacity to 80 beds. Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew officially opened the new wards on 17 December 1963.
1972, April 4
Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew officially opened the St. Andrew's Mission Hospital Specialist Clinics in Ophthalmology, Ear, Nose and Throat, Dermatology, Speech Therapy, Surgery and Dentistry.
As national public health care became consolidated, the demand for paediatric charity hospitals declined. St. Andrew's Mission Hospital's inpatient services ceased operations in 1982 due to less clinical need and demand.
Its outpatient clinic services continued providing services.
St. Andrew's Orthopaedic Hospital ceased operations.
1992, October 31
St. Andrew's Community Hospital at Elliot Road (former site of St. Andrew's Orthopaedic Hospital) was officially opened by Mr. Yeo Cheow Tong, Minister for Health and for Community Development. It was the first community hospital in Singapore to provide subsidised intermediate care for the elderly.
Plans were made to redevelop the Tanjong Pagar site into a commercial building named St. Andrew's Centre. The foundation stone of St. Andrew's Centre was laid by Bishop Dr. Moses Tay on 24 April 1997.
A new service, St. Andrew's Lifestreams, was launched in November. It serves as a training, education, and resource centre for the care and counselling ministry.
2000, June 16
St. Andrew's Centre at Tanjong Pagar was officially opened by Mr. Lim Swee Say, Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology, and Trade and Industry.
2003, December 19
Groundbreaking commenced at the site of the new St. Andrew's Community Hospital at Simei.
Construction of the St. Andrew's Community Hospital at Simei began. Discussions and planning were underway to redevelop the Elliot Road site into a centre for autism services.
2005, April 18
The patients of St. Andrew's Community Hospital at Elliot Road were transferred to the new St. Andrew's Community Hospital at Simei.
St. Andrew's Lifestreams was relocated to St. Andrew's Village at Potong Pasir. St. Andrew's Autism Centre commenced its school and day activity services at St. Andrew's Community Hospital – a temporary site, while the permanent site at Elliot Road underwent redevelopment.
2006, October 18
St. Andrew's Community Hospital at Simei was officially opened by Mr. Khaw Boon Wan, Minister for Health. The ceremony was also attended by Mr. Heng Chee How, Minister of State for Health.
St. Andrew's Community Hospital was the first community hospital in Singapore to provide paediatric inpatient rehabilitation services.
2010, January 30
St. Andrew's Community Hospital launched a mobile medical service with support from St. Andrew's Cathedral to provide free primary care to communities-in-need.
In that same year, St. Andrew's Community Hospital also launched its Community Therapy Services programme, to provide occupational and physiotherapy services for residents in and nearby Tanjong Rhu, where bigger groups of aged communities live in. In 2011, the facility was accredited as a Day Rehabilitation Centre.
2011, March 29
St. Andrew's Autism Centre at Elliot Road, a comprehensive one-stop care centre for children, youths and adults with autism, was officially opened by His Excellency, Mr. S.R. Nathan, President of Singapore.
2011, November 18
St. Andrew's Community Hospital became a member of the Eastern Health Alliance, which is a partnership of health service providers dedicated to delivering seamless, high quality care for patients living in the east.
The Ministry of Health awarded St. Andrew's Mission Hospital the privilege to run a psychiatric nursing home at Buangkok Green, with support from affiliated organisation, Singapore Anglican Community Services.
2012, November 10
St. Andrew's Community Hospital and Eastern Health Alliance partner, Changi General Hospital joined hands to develop The Integrated Building - Singapore's first of its kind integrated facility that is focused on optimised rehabilitation and providing a patient-centric model of care. A ground breaking event was held on 10 November 2012 for this project. The construction of The Integrated Building is set to complete by end 2014.
St. Andrew’s Community Hospital launched an integrated Homecare Service comprising case management, nursing, medical and therapy services for homebound residents in eastern Singapore.
2013, October 18
St. Andrew's Mission Hospital celebrated 100 years of service. Two centenary thanksgiving and commemorative services were held at St. Andrew's Community Hospital and the St. Andrew's Nursing Home. SAMH staff from all institutions re-dedicated their service on this day, in the same spirit as SAMH's forefathers - to the Glory of God, and for the relief of suffering.
St. Andrew’s Nursing Home, a 300-bed psychiatric nursing home, commenced operations.
2013, December 19
St. Andrew's Mission Hospital and Singapore Anglican jointly held a centenary charity gala dinner, in support of SAMH and SACS operations. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong graced the event as guest of honour. Close to $1 million was raised from this event.